Bisque Imports / Ghoulish Grin Technique Sheet
Ghoulish Grin Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Duncan ILovetoCreate
Serve your Fright Night cuisine with a ghoulish grin! Use Duncan'Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â® Shimmer Glaze to make this hand-painted skeleton plate sparkle with spooky personality.
250 Rim Dinner Plate
CN043-8 Dark Papaya
CN201-8 Light Grey
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
SH501-16 Black Diamond
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Trace skull and spider bodies onto contact paper. Cut out.
3. Remove backing from spider and skull cutouts. Center skull on plate and spider bodies on rim as shown. Press firmly around all edges.
4. Use the Fan Glaze to brush three solid coats of Dark Papaya on plate rim, painting over spider cutouts. Let dry.
5. Brush three coats of Black Diamond on center of plate, painting over the skull. Let dry.
6. Use a straight pin to remove cutouts.
7. Place clay carbon paper on skull design on plate and place pattern on top, aligning with edges.
8. Brush three coats of Really White in areas around the eyes, nose, etc. Let dry.
9. Brush three coats of Black Diamond in eyes, nose and jaw area.
10. Brush two coats of Hematite in shadowed areas of cheeks, forehead, etc., as shown in photo. Let dry.
11. Brush three coats of Black Diamond onto spider bodies, leaving an hourglass shape in the centers of backs. Fill in hourglass shapes with Ruby. Let dry.
12. Paint very fine lines simulating spider webs around rim of plate using Dark Black and a liner brush. Paint spider legs as well.
13. Paint 3 coats of Pure Brilliance on the back of the plate. Fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |