Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Pen Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace the shape of the stitching onto a sheet of contact paper. Cut out, remove the protective backing, and adhere over the stitching shape.
3. Mask the sectional stripes with strips of 1/4" Art Tape. Apply the Art Tape so that it curves with and fully masks the stripe area.
4. Cut out the printed team logo of your choice and a sheet of Saral Transfer Paper similar in size. Place the transfer paper - red side facing down - above the stitching with the printed logo design on top. Trace the logo with a pen, then remove the template and transfer paper to reveal transferred design.
5. Trace the logo outline onto a sheet of contact paper. Once traced, cut out the logo contact paper shape, remove the backing, and adhere the shape directly over the transferred logo design.
6. Sponge the platter surface and rim with 2 coats of Bright Briarwood using a Hydra Art Sponge. Let dry.
7. Sponge the painted surface again with 1 coat coat of Dark Ginger using a Natural Sea Sponge. Let dry.
8. Once dry, remove the Art Tape and contact paper from the bisque surface. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to outline the masked stripes and stitching.
9. Fill in and outline the logo design as desired using the respective team colors. Let dry.
10. Below the stitching, customize your platter with a phrase or saying of your choice. Sketch the phrase design with a water-based marker, then use a detail brush and 3 coats of your choice of color to trace over the words. Let dry.
11. Once dry, sponge or paint the underside surface of the platter with 3 solid coats of Bright Kiwi. Let dry.