Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Use this platter for that special time of the year...Harvest time! So gather your goodies, and gobble til you wobble!
269 Big Daddy Square Platter
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN233-8 Dark Briarwood
CN311-8 Light Ginger
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN331-8 Light Olive
CN333-8 Dark Olive
CN510-8 Earthen Moss
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
Assorted Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using Light Ginger, paint three solid coats on the inside square of the plate.
3. Put template on top of transfer paper and cut out excess. Place on top of platter and trace turkey onto center of plate.
4. Fill in body of turkey with three coats of Light Olive. Next, paint the middle section of turkey with three solid coats of Sunflower Yellow. Lastly, paint last layer of the turkey with three coats of Bright Ginger.
5. Let turkey dry and sketch designs onto him. Starting with the inside body, paint over swirls and face in Dark Olive, using a Detail Brush. Add in dots as well to fill in any negative space on the body. Next, moving onto the second layer of the bird, fill in dots using the Earthen Moss. Moving onto the third layer, fill in stripes of back layer of bird, using Dark Briarwood. Lastly, go back and add accents around the dots as well as outline each layer of the turkey. Trace over beak and eyes as well.
6. Still using the detail brush, go back and add stitch marks on the turkey, allowing it to look like it has been sewn on like a quilt.
7. Next, paint rim of plate with three solid coats of Bright Papaya. Using a pencil, sketch out the words Gobble til you Wobble. Trace over them in Dark Briarwood.
8. Using one of the larger Paint Dotters, blot in Dark Briarwood and dot around the border.
9. Add in stitch marks using the Detail Brush and Dark Briarwood around the inside edge of the plate.
10. Paint back of plate in Dark Briarwood. Using the Paint Dotter, dip side in Dark Briarwood and rub against the edge to create a nice, smooth line.
11. Once complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.