Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pencil Textured Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. With a damp fan brush, dip into Dark Taupe and paint vertical strokes across the surface of the dish. Wet the brush once again to further blend the color.
3. With a textured sponge, sponge every other section on the pumpkin, starting with the section nearest the left edge. First use Light Butternut, then Dark Butternut, then Neon Orange.
4. Paint the stem with 3 coats of Bright Kelp.
5. Use a pencil to sketch out "If you've got it...HAUNT IT!" in a decorative font on the right side of the dish. With a detail brush, paint "If you've got it..." using Dark Taupe and "HAUNT IT!" using Black.
6. Using the provided template, trace the witch's skirt, legs and high heels on the left side of the dish.
7. Fill in the skirt with 3 coats of Green Apple. Then, with a detail brush and Black, paint a curvy checkerboard pattern to resemble a spider web.
8. Fill in the high heels with 3 coats of Bright Purple. Paint a Black buckle near the bottom of each heel, and also a Really Red stripe near the ankle of the high heel.
7. Paint each leg striped using both Bright Kelp and Neon Orange. Then, with a detail brush, accent with Black.
8. Outline both the skirt, the legs, and the high heels in Black using a detail brush.