Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use strips of 1/2" Art Tape to mask the borders of 3 tiered rectangle shapes to create the tiered cake design.
3. Fill in each rectangle shape with 3 coats of Bright Honeysuckle.
4. Use a Sponge Dotter and 3 coats of Light Delft to create polka dots within each section. Let dry.
5. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
6. Using a water-based marker, sketch out a ruffled line beneath each cake layer, a swirly flourish on each cake layer side, an outline above the top cake layer, and swirling base designs beneath the bottom cake layer. Refer to the provided template if needed.
7. Using a liner or detail brush, trace over the sketched accent designs with Dark Black. Let dry.
8. Use a water-based marker to sketch out "And they lived happily ever after" across the top of the platter. Also, customize the platter by sketching the names and date of your choice. Trace over all sayings and words with a detail brush and Dark Black.
9. Above the top layer of cake, sketch out two side-by-side connecting hearts. Paint one heart with 3 coats of Bright Honeysuckle and the other heart with 3 coats of Neon Red.
10. Create ruffled accents to the top edge of each cake layer with Pure White dots. Add dots also to the points on each Dark Black ruffle lines.
11. Along the side edges of the platter, create a border of Pure White dots. Let dry.