Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the breeze. Celebrate summer year-round with this fun design just add a frozen drink!
507 Fish Serving Platter
9591 Paint Dotters
BLS901-8 Sunny Tuscany
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS903-8 Pumpkin Head
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS919-8 Mermaid's Song
BLS928-8 Blue Lagoon
BLS929-8 Blue Hawaii
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out multiple circle halves from contact paper to create lemon, lime, and orange slices. Once cut, remove protective backing and firmly adhere to scattered areas of the cup.
3. Blend Fruit Punch, Bright Honeysuckle, and Really White to paint the cup surface. To blend, paint the bottom of the cup with 1 coat of Fruit Punch, the middle portion with Bright Honeysuckle, and the top portion with Really White. Use a large, damp brush to blend the colors. Repeat 2-3 additional times. Let dry.
4. Once dry, remove the contact paper shapes from the cup surface.
5. Use a water-based marker to sketch each triangular fruit slice design inside each masked shape.
6. Alternate painting each fruit slice with 3-4 coats of paint. Paint lemon slices using Bright Butternut, lime slices using Neon Green, and orange slices with Neon Orange. Let dry.
7. With a detail brush, lightly outline and accent each fruit slice with subtle, Dark Black brushstrokes.
8. Paint the base of the cup, leaving the bottom edge unpainted, with 3-4 coats of Bright Caribbean.
9. Along the bottom edge of the cup, add Dark Black stripes. Let dry.
10. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.