Happy Soul Technique Sheet
|Do what makes your soul happy...like painting this pretty plate design! As an added happy bonus, silk screening makes painting this floral design super easy!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Do what makes your soul happy...like painting this pretty plate design! As an added happy bonus, silk screening makes painting this floral design super easy!
112 Bistro Plate
8012 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape
CMC2oz Glaze Thickening Powder
CN193-8 Dark Ivy
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN506-8 Neon Coral
CN507-8 Neon Red
FD258 Pure White
SARALRED Saral Transfer Paper
SSDFL12 Spring Flowers Silk Screen
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the surface of the plate with 3 coats of Bright Honeysuckle. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Cut out the flower silk screen design, leaving a wide border around the screen image. Position near the corner of the plate, then use 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape to secure the screen to the bisque surface.
4. Pour a quarter-sized amount of Neon Red onto your palette. Add a pinch of Glaze Thickening powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until you reach a peanut butter consistency.
5. Repeat step #4 on your palette using Neon Coral and Dark Ivy.
6. Dip your finger in the thickened Neon Red mixture, and rub the color into the center area of the flower and into the flower bud area of the design. Dab and smooth the paint as you work the color into the screen design.
7. Repeat step #6 using the thickened Neon Coral mixture to fill in the outer area of the flower.
8. Repeat step #6 using the thickened Dark Ivy mixture to fill in the stem design area.
9. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze. Allow paint to dry completely.
10. Use a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Ivy to accent and thicken the stem design lines. Let dry.
11. Cut out the quote template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of similar size. Lay the Saral paper onto plate surface, red side down. On top of the Saral paper, position the quote design template. Use Art Tape to secure template and transfer paper in place.
12. Trace over the quote design template with a pen. Once traced, remove the template and Saral paper to reveal the transferred design.
13. Using a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Black, trace over the quote design. Let dry.
14. Outline and accent the screened flower design with Pure White. Let dry.
15. Once dry, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |