Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Hammer Paper Towels Pencil Printed Templates Scissors Small Nails Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Pour Burnt Umber acrylic paint onto your palette or into a small bowl or cup.
2. Add water to the acrylic paint to slightly dilute the color.
3. Use a large fan brush to apply the diluted paint to each board art panel, one panel at a time.
TIP: For a darker stain, apply a thicker coat of paint. For a lighter stain, apply a more diluted coat.
4. After applying paint to each panel, immediately wipe away paint using a paper towel. Complete until finished.
5. Print out large "H," "M," and "E" letter templates, as well as a printed silhouette outline of your desired state shape. Cut out each template shape once printed. Position templates onto the board art surface, then trace around each cut-out to achieve your project design.
6. Fill in each large letter with 1-2 smooth coats of Lemon Yellow, and let dry.
7. Fill in the state silhouette shape with 1-2 smooth coats of Neon Blue. Let dry.
8. Within the state silhouette, sketch a small heart shape. Use a hammer to add small nails around the heart-shaped outline.
9. To complete project, wrap string or colored wire around and within the heart shape.