Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Pencil Sponge Straight Pin #3 Royal Aqualon Brush 2250 3/4" Tape
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using the 3/4" Painter's tape, tape off vertical lines, leaving about an 1/8" space in between each piece of tape. Once you have your tape positioned on your plate, paint the areas in between stripes with 2-3 solid coats of Light Saffron. Once dry, remove the tape with a straight pin.
Tip: Use the tapered end of a Royal Brush to scrape off any paint that seeps underneath your tape.
3. Using a pencil or a ballpoint pen, lightly sketch 8 small hearts in every other white strip. Once complete, turn the frame 180 degrees and draw hearts in the remaining rows. The effect will be columns of hearts in alternating directions.
4. Using a round brush, paint every other row of hearts Bright Pink. Once complete, rotate frame 180 degrees and paint the remaining hearts Bright Grape. Use #3 Royal Aqualon Brush 2250 to outline hearts in Black.
5. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.