Bisque Imports / Hero Mug Technique Sheet
Hero Mug Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Itâ€™s a birdâ€¦ Itâ€™s a planeâ€¦ Itâ€™s the hero mug! Create a mug that will be strong enough for any cup of coffee!
2813 Hero Mug
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN073-8 Dark Scarlet
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN221-8 Light Blush
CN502-8 Neon Blue
CN507-8 Neon Red
Assorted Paint brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using a small brush, paint 3 coats of Light Blush on the hands.
3. Using a medium brush, paint 3 coats of Neon Blue on the arms and torso. Avoid painting the belt and the emblem on the chest.
4. Paint the cape and inside of the mug with 3 coats of neon red.
5. With a water-based marker draw an "S" in the center of the emblem on the chest.
6. Use a detail brush to paint the background around the "S" with 3 coats of neon red.
7. Also use a detail brush to paint the small border around the emblem with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
8. Fill in the "S" with 3 coats of Bright Nautical.
9. With fine detail brush outline the emblem on the chest, and add accent lines on muscles and outline around the wrists.
10. Use a small brush to paint 3 coats of Bright Nautical on the Belt. You can use the Neon red for the belt loops and Bright Butternut to paint the belt buckle.
11. Using a detail brush add Dark Scarlet detail lines on the cape to accent the wrinkles in the fabric.
12. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |