Holiday Punch Technique Sheet
|Create a part or, the whole holiday set for a healthy dose of seasonal cheer! This bisque ware holiday set makes a great addition to anyone's holiday decor.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create a part, or the whole holiday set for a healthy dose of seasonal cheer!
433 Special Handle Mug
2007 Stocking Dish
2012 Santa and Present S & P
2513 Capri Dinner Plate
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN221-8 Light Blush
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN271-8 Light Jade
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN507-8 Neon Red
SG888 Ruby Red Sparkler
SG889 Emerald Sparkler
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe all pieces with a sponge to prepare for painting.
Special Handle Mug : 1. Use strips of painter's tape to create stripes along the outside of the mug. Paint the unmasked stripes, including areas on the rim, with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Once dry, remove the painter's tape.
2. In the unpainted stripes, paint a vertical lines along the center using a detail brush and 3 coats of Bright Salsa. Then, with the same brush and color, paint small petal shapes extending from both sides of the line. Let dry.
3. Paint Neon Red stripes on the handle. Paint 3 coats of Light Jade inside.
Stocking Dish: 1. Sketch a cloud shape in the the top portion of the dish. Outline and fill in the remaining top area with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
2. Paint polka dots with 3 coats of Bright Salsa inside the cloud shape.
3. Paint the bottom half of the dish 3 coats of Light Jade. Let dry. Using a detail brush and 3 coats of Neon Red, paint a thin line along the side, from top to toe.
4. Paint medium petal shapes along the line with the same brush and color.
Santa and Present: 1. Paint the entire sleigh with 3 coats of Bright Salsa.
2. Paint the bottom of the sleigh with 3 coats of Neon Red. On the top of the sleigh, paint 3 coats of Neon Red polka dots. Set aside to dry
3. Paint the ribbon and bow on the present with 3 coats of Light Jade. Paint the top and sides of the present box with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
4. Paint Santa's face using a detail brush and 3 coats of Light Blush. Dot the eyes with Bright Caribbean. Paint the mouth and mittens with Bright Salsa.
5. Paint the trim of Santa's coat and the ribbon on the present with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Finish the rest of the present with 3 coats of Light Jade.
6. Paint Santa's hat and coat with 3 coats of Neon Red. Leave the raised areas on the coat and hat unpainted. Paint the belt buckle with 3 coats of Bright Butternut. Outline the belt buckle using Dark Black.
Once fired, accent Santa with a coat of Ruby Red Sparkler. Repeat on the present using Emerald Sparkler.
Capri Dinner Plate: 1. Mask the center of the plate using tape. Paint the rim with 3 coats of Bright Salsa.
2. Once dry, use 3 coats of Neon Red to paint polka dots along the rim.
3. With a detail brush, paint 4 slightly curvy lines across the plate's center. Alternate color with every line, using 3 coats of Light Jade and Neon Red.
4. Extending outward on both side of each curving line, paint petal shapes using 3 coats of the same color. Let dry, then use 3 coats of Bright Caribbean to paint smaller petals within each larger Light Jade one. Let dry.
Once each piece is complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |