Bisque Imports / Home for the Holidays Technique Sheet
Home for the Holidays Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
There's no place like home for the holidays--especially with cute decor like this!
2932 Little Gumdrop House
CN013-8 Dark Straw
CN074-8 Really Red
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. With a pencil, sketch two striped candycanes along the front two corner edges of the house. Sketch also a ruffled edge below the roof, and halfway up the chimney.
3. Paint each window with a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Bright Straw.
4. Paint the lower part of the house, around the door and windows, with 3 coats of Bright Ginger. Let dry.
5. Paint every other stripe on each candycane with 3 coats of Really Red. Outline each candy cane with the same color and a detail brush.
6. Paint the door with 3 coats of Bright Purple.
7. Paint the arched window frames with Bright Kiwi. Paint the square window frames with Bright Honeysuckle.
8. Paint each shutter with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Accent using a detail brush and Bright Briarwood.
9. Outline the ruffled roof edges with a detail brush and Bright Briarwood. Use the same color to paint the top ledge of the chimney.
10. Along the bottom edge of each roof side, paint small dots using Bright Caribbean, Bright Kiwi, Bright Purple, Bright Honeysuckle, and Really Red. Let dry.
11. Leave the base unpainted white.
12. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |