Bisque Imports / Jeepers Creepers Technique Sheet
Jeepers Creepers Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We're getting into the Halloween spirit with this spooky shadow box, but you can easily swap in and out panels to create a unique display for every season!
AIA6903 3-Panel Display Box
CF-8-1009AV-F-M Aventurine Black Frit - Medium
CF-8-BBIC-M Black Ice Frit - Medium
GBLOCK-I-200 White Iridescent Block
1GBS-12-180-8S-F Pale Gray Glass Transparent Blank (3)
1GSLAB-6x12-1009CSF Black Cord Opalescent Glass Slab
GL02 Black Glassline Pen
SP-8234 Glas Tac
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Nipper
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Black Sharpie Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
All Panels : Use a ruler, a black Sharpie, a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, and 1" Running Pliers to measure, score, and cut each Pale Gray glass blank into 10" square sheets.
Front Panel : 1. Place the printed template beneath one of the Pale Gray glass blanks, then use a black Sharpie to trace the design image.
2. Attach the writer bottle cap and tip to the Black Outline paint bottle, then use the writer bottle to trace over the design. Let dry.
3. Fill in the tree design with Black Ice Medium frit.
4. Disperse a generous layer of Aventurine Black Medium frit along the bottom edge of the panel to create and fill in the groundline. Secure frit in place with pinpoints of Glas Tac. Let dry.
Middle Panel : 1. Position and trace the middle panel template design onto the second Pale Gray glass blank.
2. Repeat the same process used on the front panel to fill in the tree and to create the groundline.
3. Use a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter and Running Pliers to score and break the Black Cord Texture glass into small strips of varying widths and heights.
4. Along the groundline, position the assorted Black Cord strips to create the tattered fence line.
5. Trace the cat template outline, then fill in the shape with Black Outline paint.
6. Secure the various glass components with pinpoints of Glas Tac. Let dry.
Back Panel : 1. Use the Pistol Grip Glass Cutter and Running Pliers to score and break, or the Wheeled Mosaic Cutter to nip down the White Iridescent glass into a circle shape.
2. Position the circle onto the remaining Pale Gray glass blank, then secure in place with Glas Tac. Let dry.
Once complete, contour fuse each panel project using Spectrum's 6-segment firing schedule. Once fired, assemble the shadow box display, insert panels, and enjoy!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |