Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Outline where you would like your ornaments to hang on your plate. You may want to use a ruler to sketch your strings.
3. Start with the background color of each ornament, then layer color and designs on top! We outlined each ornament with a detail writer to get a crisp edge. Then, we filled in several coats with a Round Royal Aqualon brush.
4. Once you have your background painted, you can fill detail writers with accent colors of your choosing. We chose to use CN244 and CN522 to make the designs pop.
5. Use paint dotters to make patterns, or layer different colors of blue and white to create a snow globe effect.
6. For our Christmas tree ornament, we carved out texture with the tapered end of a Royal Brush.
7. Now you are ready to write your message! We outlined our words with pencil, then filled in the letters with a detail writer of CN074.
8. Let dry. Glaze and fire to cone 06.
Tip: Keep it simple by sticking to a handful of colors. That way, your patterns and designs will really shine on the piece, while still feeling cohesive and festive!