Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Compressed Sponge Detail Brush Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a water-based marker to sketch a large circle around the server center. Inside the circle, sketch the template design. When sketching the design, ensure the size of the grill is the size of the handprint.
3. Apply Bright Grey to half the handprint and Neon Red to the other half. Once applied, press handprint sideways onto the sketched grill design with the Neon Red painted half on the bottom.
4. Cut a compressed sponge into a rectangle shape, then sponge blocked stripes of Neon Red along the outer edge of the server. Let dry, then add Light Butternut accent waves in between the sponged stripes.
5. Fill in the oval grill cooking surface, around the handprint, with 3 coats of Light Taupe. Let dry.
6. Fill in the grill body and lid, around the handprint, with 3 coats of Neon Coral. Let dry.
7. Paint the legs of the grill with a detail brush and 3 coats of Dark Ginger. Let dry.
8. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to outline the grill design and to add crisscrossing lines to the cooking surface.
9. Use a liner brush and 3 coats of Light Taupe to paint the smoke lines.
10. Sketch "Grillin' with Grandpa" or another phrase of your choice onto the server surface. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and 3 coats of Dark Sapphire.
11. If desired, sketch the name of your choice near the handprint and trace over the letters with a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.