Bisque Imports / Life's a Witch Technique Sheet
Life's a Witch Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Makes no bones about it, your Halloween boo bash won't be complete without this wicked serving platter.
160 Coupe Oval
5661 Tombstone Tag-Along (3)
8012 'Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN213-8 Dark Taupe
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN512-8 Green Apple
FD254 Black Licorice
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere two strips of painter's tape across the platter, separating the platter into 3 sections.
3. Paint the top section with 3 coats of Bright Grape. Paint the middle section with 3 coats of Neon Orange. Paint the bottom section with 3 coats of Green Apple. Let dry, then remove Art Tape.
4. Use 3 coats of Green Apple to paint dots in the upper masked stripe.
5. In the lower masked stripe, use a water-based marker to sketch "Happy Halloween!" in the center. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over the letters.
6. Use 3 coats of Bright Grape to paint dots to fill in the remaining area of the lower masked stripe. Set aside to dry.
7. Paint each tombstone with 3 coats of Bright Grey. Let dry.
8. Across the three tombstones, sketch out "Life's A Witch." Trace over the letters with a detail brush and Dark Black.
9. Using the template provided, sketch a witch's hat above the "A" on the center tombstone.
10. Paint the buckle on the witch's hat using a detail brush and Neon Orange. Paint the top and bottom section of the hat with Bright Grape. Then, paint the belt and belt buckle with Dark Black.
11. Paint the "RIP" on each tombstone with 3 coats of Dark Taupe. Paint the edges of each letter slightly jagged. Let dry.
12. Using Black Licorice as adhesive, attach the tombstones to the center of the plate.
13. Around the tombstones, sketch out three bat silhouette shape. See provided template. Fill in the bat shapes with 2-3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
14. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |