0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Feather Template Pen Pencil Transfer Paper Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint three solid coats of Deep Berry inside the holder.
3. Cut out feather template, being sure to leave some room around the feather to allow easier tracing. Place the template on top of transfer paper and cut around it.
4. Place template and transfer paper together on top of the bisque. Trace the feather onto piece, rotating the template as you go. Repeat until holder is completely filled with feathers.
5. Outline the feathers and veins with Bright Tidepool. Add small horizontal lines at the stems to create some shading and dimension.
6. Once you have completely outlined all feathers, water down Bright Tidepool so it is at a watercolor base consistency. Test out the dilution on a paper towel before painting your piece. Once you have created a consistency you are happy with, fill in different areas of the feathers. Leave some areas white to create highlights.
7. Water down the Bright Tidepool a bit more to add another shade. Fill in as desired to create a soft effect.
8. Add streaks to the feathers, mainly on the veins, with Deep Berry.
9. Once finished, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.