Assorted Paintbrushes Detail Brush Pen Scissors Shaving Cream Squeegee Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Dispense shaving cream onto a flat, easy-to-clean surface. Dispense enough to fill an area slightly larger than the letter. Smooth with a squeegee.
3. Dispense small amounts of Light Heather and Light Pink directly onto the shaving cream.
4. Using the end of a paintbrush, gently swirl the paints into each other, being careful not to muddle the color.
5. Firmly press the plate into the shaving cream mixture. Twist the piece or reapply to add greater texture. Once done, gently lift the plate.
6. Using a small amount of water, gently rinse off the shaving cream to reveal your funky design. Be careful not to soak the bisque piece. Now, let your piece dry completely.
7. Once dry, cut out the printed template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of similar size. Position the Saral paper - red side facing down - on the center plate surface with the printed template positioned on top. Secure the transfer paper and template in place with tape if needed.
8. Use a pen to trace the template design. Once traced, remove the sheet of Saral paper and template to reveal the transferred design.
9. Use 3 coats of Bright Purple, Light Honeysuckle, and Fruit Punch to fill in the assorted floral shapes, then allow paint to dry.
10. Paint the leaves with 3 coats of Bright Kiwi. Let dry.
11. Use a detail brush and Bright Kelp to outline and accent the stem and leaves.
12. Dot the center of each rounded flower with Dark Black, then use the same color and Fruit Punch to accent the flowers as desired.
13. Using a detail brush and Dark Black, very lightly outline the floral wreath design. Use the same color and brush to trace over the "live simply" design in the plate center.
14. Once complete, allow project to dry then dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.