Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pen Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out the provided template design and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of the same size.
3. In the center of plate, place the Saral Transfer Paper sheet - red side down - with the template design on top. Trace over the design with a pen, then remove template and Saral paper to reveal transferred design.
4. Paint the wing on each bird with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce.
5. Paint the each bird body with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
6. Paint the tail feathers on each bird with 3 coats of Bright Sapphire. With the same color and detail brush, add dots around each wing.
7. With a detail brush and Dark Black, paint each bird leg. Use the same color and brush to paint each bird's beak and eye.
8. Paint a small heart in between the two birds with a detail brush and Really Red.
9. Use Paint Dotters and Really Red to add polka dots to the plate rim.
10. Below the two birds, use a water-based marker to sketch "Love Birds." If desired, customize the plate with names of your choice. Trace over each letter with a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.