Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Prepare piece by using a water-based marker to draw out each fingerprint placement.
3. Use an assortment of paint colors to create the various fingerprints. To get the best fingerprints, brush color onto the children's fingers rather than dipping their fingers into the paint. Press the painted finger onto the piece and lift straight up.
4. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to add illustrations to each set of fingerprints. If desired, use the same brush and color to write in each child's name.
5. Create grass around the bottom edge of the piece by adding thin, wispy brushstrokes with Light Kelp and Bright Kiwi. Use the same brushstroke technique to add grassy texture along the bucket handle.
6. Use 2-3 coats of Light Blue Spruce to paint the ruffled top edge of the bucket.
7. Paint the water bucket spout like a sun with 3 coats of Bright Butternut. Add accent brushstrokes with a detail brush and Bright Tangerine.
8. In the center of the bucket, sketch out "Love Grows." Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over the letters. Let dry.