Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out the ampersand silk screen, leaving a wide border around the screen image. Position onto the center of the tray, then use ¾" Art Tape to secure the screen to the bisque surface.
3. Apply a small amount of French Papaya to your palette. Dip your finger in the French Dimensions color, then rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
4. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
5. Use a detail brush and Arazmatazz to accent the swirl designs within the silk screened image. Add small dots to each flower center using the same color.
6. Using a detail brush and 3 coats each of Limoncello, Pumpkin Head, and Nirvana to accent scattered areas of the silk screen floral designs.
7. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of Sweet Dreams to fill in the larger background areas within the silk screen design. Allow for a thin, unpainted barrier between the paint and the silk screen flourish designs. Let dry.
8. Use a water-based marker to sketch "you" and "me" on each side of the silk screen design. Using a detail brush and 2 coats of Plum Yum, trace over each letter. Let dry.
9. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.