0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush Assorted Aqualon Brushes Lovebird's Template Pen Pencil Transfer Paper (optional) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Begin by using a pencil to sketch a banner at the bottom rim of the Large Rockwell Plate.
3. Starting with the rim, tape off a one inch stripe about every third inch. TIP: Does not have to be exact.
4. Fill in stripes with Light Grey.
5. Using a pencil, sketch a bride and groom, starting at the base of the inside of the plate. Personalize your bride and groom by hair style, dress, color of tux, etc.
6. Next are the balloons! This part is very unique and is dependent on how many guests are at the wedding or how many balloons you would like! We used one person's fingerprint for all of the balloons, but you may want to take the plate to the wedding and have each guest make a print! Colors can be based on the couple's wedding colors. We made Bright Aqua fingerprints all over the top, and filled in the spaces with Dark Caribbean. Once complete, using the create balloon strings in Dark Black. Create initials under each balloon to represent each guest that attended.
7. Next is the banner! We decided to go with the couple's first names and wedding date. We created tiny dots in Bright Aqua and added little hearts in Neon Coral as accents. Remember to create the bow on each side to make it look like it is hanging.