Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Divide rim in half. Place tape on inside of rim. Cut corners of tape at an angle to fit. Place another border of tape on the inside rectangle.
3. Starting with the inset frame, paint 2-3 coats of Green Apple.
4. Sketch out three clovers using your pencil on the inside rectangle spacing them evenly apart. Write "Lucky" underneath the clovers. Trace clovers using an Aqualon Liner and Bright Kiwi, applying 2-3 coats. Trace "Lucky" using the Aqualon Liner and Dark Kelp.
5. Now we are going to paint the rim of the plate. Using the Aqualon Filbert and Light Wintergreen, apply a stroke of color at the bottom right corner of the piece. Skip about a 1/4" and create a new stroke using the Bright Kiwi. Next will be Dark Kelp, Green Apple, and then Bright Kelp. Continue doing this around the entire piece.