Hairspray Ruler Water-based Marker Wire Cutter or Jewelry Nippers
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Prime the Peacock Fusing Tile with Boron Nitride before use.
2. Use a ruler to measure out two 3.5" x 8.5" rectangles on the Light Blue Transparent glass blank. Mark dimensions with a marker.
3. Score each measurement line with a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter. Break along each score with 1" Running Pliers. Once cut, you should have two equally sized rectangles.
4. Use a wire cutter or jewelry nippers to cut 4 equally-sized pieces of High Temp Alloy Wire, then mold each wire piece into a teardrop shape.
TIP: To easily achieve consistent wire loop shapes, wrap the wire several times around your finger or a rod-shaped object, like making a tight spring and then cut. Since you will be making several loops in the same shape, cut the wire slightly longer than needed. Wrap the wire around the rod-shaped object, slip off the coils and then cut to receive several loops of the same size.
5. Position one of the Light Blue rectangles on the fusing tile.
6. Position the 4 teardrop-shaped wire loops near each corner of the glass piece. Ensure paired wire loops are spaced exactly 2.5" away from each other. Secure wire loops in place with a dab of hairspray.
7. Place the second Light Blue rectangle directly on top of the initial glass piece, sandwiching the wire loops between the two pieces of glass.
8. Place the fusing tile directly into the kiln.
9. Full fuse using the Spectrum segment 6 firing schedule.
10. Once fired, wash off any residue on the backside of the glass piece. Wipe clean.
11. Assemble the Hanging Glass Display simply by attaching the wire loops to each display hook.