Bisque Imports / Make a Note Technique Sheet
Make a Note Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Message boards are an interactive way to jazz up a room. Leave notes, keep track of each other, or create your own wall art on this personalized dry-erase door sign!
1847 Hanging Message Plaque
8012 Â¾" Art Tape
9591 Paint Dotter
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN341-8 Light Pink
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
FD258 Pure White
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Wire or String
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Mask a large square towards the bottom half of the plaque with strips of Â¾" Art Tape. Create straight edges with scissors.
3. Use a small to medium-sized paint dotter and 3 coats of Light Pink to create the polka dot background. Let dry. Once dry, remove the Art Tape from the plaque surface.
4. Near the top center of the plaque, sketch a large heart with a swirling string line extending from each side of the heart.
5. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle to trace over each swirling string.
6. Fill in the heart shape with 3 coats of Fruit Punch. Let dry.
7. Once dry, add Pure White dots to the heart.
8. Below the heart design, customize the plaque by sketching a saying or phrase of your choice. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Bright Grape. Let dry.
9. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
10. Once fired, hang the message plaque with wire or string, and enjoy!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |