Bisque Imports / Manly Mug Technique Sheet
Manly Mug Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Celebrate the main man in your life with this spunky mug!
443 Manly Mug
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN507-8 Neon Red
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Mask the center stripe on the outside of the mug with painter's tape.
3. Paint the textured top and bottom stripe each with 3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
4. Rub the bristles of a toothbrush firmly across the textured stripes to create a slight faded look to the stripes. Once done, remove the painter's tape.
5. On the handle of the mug, paint the innermost surface and outer surface using a detail brush and 3 coats of Dark Black.
6. On both the back and front flat surface of the handle, use a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Dark Black to create a checker pattern.
7. On the center stripe of the mug, to the right of the handle, use a pencil to sketch "#1 DAD." Use a detail brush and Neon Red to trace over the letters.
8. Paint the inside of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Butternut. Let dry.
9. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |