Bisque Imports / Matte Made Technique Sheet
Matte Made Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Combine Colorobbia Matte Glaze and Bellissimo glazes to create this eye-catching utensil holder.
991 Big Owl Holder
BLS901-8 Sunny Tuscany
BLS905-8 Snow Queen
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS918-8 Mint Shake
BLS919-8 Mermaid's Song
CMG-16oz Colorobbia Matte Glaze
FD258 Pure White
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the eyes with 3 coats of Snow Queen.
3. Mix 10 parts Colorobbia Matte Glaze to 1 part Lime to create a pastel matte shade.
4. Apply 3 coats of the Lime Matte paint mixture to the body of the owl. Let dry.
5. Paint the beak and claws with 3 coats of Sunny Tuscany.
6. Paint the feathered belly of the owl with 3 coats of Lime. Let dry.
7. Paint the feet, the ringed area around each eye, and the tail feathers with 3 coats of Mermaid's Song.
8. Paint each wing with 3 coats of Mint Shake. Let dry.
9. Once dry, brush one 2 coats of Colorobbia Matte Glaze over each painted wing.
10. Paint the iris on each eye with 3 coats of Lime.
11. Paint each pupil with 2-3 coats of Black Swan.
12. Add reflection dots to each eye using Pure White French Dimensions.
13. Paint the inside surface of the holder with 3 coats of Lime.
14. Allow completed project to dry completely, then fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |