Bisque Imports / May Flowers Technique Sheet
May Flowers Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love the pairing of these fun, flower Crafter's Workshop Templates so much, we couldn't decide on just one! Here, you'll find directions for both platters. Mix and match to your heart's desire!
330 Rim Round Platter
TCW157s 6" x 6" Flower Frenzy Template
TCW173s 6" x 6" Mini Mums
CN021-8 Light Saffron
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN222-8 Bright Blush
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN271-8 Light Jade
CN302-8 Bright Carribean
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
3/4" Painters Tape
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
To begin : Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
Striped Mums Instructions:
1. Vertically tape off rim of plate about every 3/4".
2. Once taped, Paint rim with 2-3 coats of Light Saffron.
3. Remove tape, then place platter on a banding wheel. Load a large brush with Bright Salsa and place on the platter as you turn the banding wheel to paint the inside of the bowl.
4. Place Mini Mums template on rim. Dip a paint dotter in Bright Carribean and dab onto rim. Scatter flowers randomly across rim.
5. Using a large Royal Brush, paint back of platter in Light Saffron. You may wish to accent the flowered rim with with Bright Salsa.
Black Lace Instructions:
1. Paint the rim of the platter Bright Blush. Once dry, lay Flower Frenzy template down, and dab a paint dotter dipped in Dark Black. Continue around the rim in a circular pattern.
2. Accent rim with Light Jade, and paint the back in Dark Black.
3. Remove tape, then place platter on a banding wheel. Load a large brush with Light Jade and place on the platter as you turn the banding wheel to paint the inside of the bowl.
To finish : Dip platters in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |