0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush 6 Royal Aqualon 2250 Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Pencil Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. About two inches from the top of the mug, using a pencil, sketch a curly do. Continue down the mug on either side, framing the soon to be face of Napoleon's Girlfriend.
3. Once hair is sketched, paint 2-3 coats of Light Blush on the outside of the mug (be sure not to paint the hair.)
4. Sketch some glasses now on her face. Feel free to make her frames rounded or squared, whichever you prefer. Paint the frames with Bright Grape. Create eyes and eyebrows in each lens.
5. Using Dark Ginger, paint a nose below the glasses and draw out a mouth. (Mouth can be open or closed.) Paint lips Light Honeysuckle and tongue Really Red. Be sure to use the Detail Brush for teeth, if you choose to have the mouth open.
6. Once face is painted, you can move on to the hair! Using the 6 Royal Aqualon 2250 brush, paint Bright Papaya in a circular motion to create the hair. TIP: Be sure that some curls get more paint than others to create a more luscious curl.
7. Accent hairline and curls using the 0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush in Dark Ginger.
8. Using the Detail Brush and Dark Black paint ears, a mole and lightly outline anything that may need to stand out a little more.