Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pallet Knife Scissors Thin Black Marker Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the tray with 3 solid coats of Fruit Punch. Allow paint to dry completely.
3. Cut out the silk screen, leaving a wide border around the screen image. Position onto the center of the tray, then use 'Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…Â¡ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â¾" Art Tape to secure the screen to the bisque surface.
4. Pour a quarter-sized amount of Dark Black onto your palette. Add a pinch of Glaze Thickening powder to the underglaze color, then mix using a pallet knife until you reach a peanut butter consistency.
5. Dip your finger in the thickened underglaze color, and rub the color into small areas of the screen image at a time. Dab and smooth the paint into the screen until all areas are filled with color.
6. Once completed, gently lift and remove the silk screen and art tape. Immediately rinse the silk screen off to remove any glaze.
7. Along the top edge of the tray, use a thin black marker to sketch holly leaf vines according to the template.
8. Use 3-4 coats of Bright Kiwi to fill in half the holly leaves. Use 3-4 coats of Green Apple to fill in the remaining holly leaves.
9. Using a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Ivy, trace over each vine stem and accent each leaf outline.
10. Add berry clusters to some of the leaf vines with Chutney Spice. Once dry, accent the berries using a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.