Give your pieces a muted metallic sheen with Colorobbia metallic glazes! Combine with Fairy Dust glazes for an instant statement piece.
663 Artisan Planter AIA500-F6 Elite Fan 6 (coming soon) HC0004D-1 Lead Free Super Clear Dipping Glaze - 1 Gal HC0219 Colorobbia Metallic Silver Glaze - 16 oz. HSS103 Raspberry Delight HSS104 Midas Gold HSS105 Amber Sparks
Assorted Paintbrushes Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint around the top edge of the vase with 1 thick coat of Amber Sparks. Directly below, paint the center vase area with 1 coat of Raspberry Delight. Use a large, damp fan brush to blend the two colors together where they meet. Repeat this process until 3-4 coats have been applied. Let dry.
3. Paint the bottom, unpainted area and bottom surface of the vase with 3-4 solid coats of Metallic Silver glaze. Let dry.
4. Paint the inside and rim of the vase with 3-4 coats of Midas Gold. Let dry.
5. Once dry, use a fan brush to dip and drip Colorobbia Lead Free Super Clear Dipping Glaze down the vase, starting from the top rim of the vase. Allow the drips to fall to the bottom of the vase in concentrated areas.
6. Repeat step #5 to drip the clear glaze starting at the point where the Metallic glaze meets the Raspberry Swirl.
7. Allow project to fully dry, then fire project to Cone 06.