Black Sharpie Marker Elmer's Clear Gel Glue Hairspray Spoon Toothpick
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. If needed, sketch the half-ellipse minion shape with a black Sharpie marker.
2. Fill in the top 2/3 of the minion shape with Sunflower Opalescent Buffalo Chips.
TIP: As you work, use pinpoints of Elmer's Clear Gel Glue to glue each glass component to the clear base.
3. Fill in the bottom area of the minion shape with Medium Blue Opalescent Buffalo Chips.
4. Adhere 1 Black Opalescent Bit to the bottom center of the minion overalls, and 2 Black Opal Bits to each side of the minion's head.
5. In the center of the minion's head, adhere a ring of White Opalescent Bits.
6. Use a spoon to fill the area within the White Opal Bit ring with coarse White Opalescent Frit to complete the goggle design.
7. Adhere a Black Opal Bit to the center of the goggle lens.
8. Use your finger to break a Black Opalescent Stringer into small pieces. Adhere some pieces to the top of the head to create strands of hair. Use other small pieces to create the minion's mouth line.
9. Once complete, lightly spritz project with hairspray to secure frit and stringer pieces in place.
10. Position project on Thinfire Paper and transfer to kiln. Full fuse using the firing schedule provided in the PDF download.