Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Reinvent the rainbow with this modern color study.
326 Sushi Plate
953 1 in. Square Tile (x6)
CN074-8 Really Red
CN113-8 Dark Delft
CN162-8 Bright Wintergreen
CN172-8 Bright Kelp
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN182-8 Bright Kiwi
CN183-8 Dark Kiwi
CN191-8 Light Ivy
CN213-8 Dark Taupe
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN263-8 Dark Grape
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN510-8 Earthen Moss
CN512-8 Green Apple
CN513-8 Deep Berry
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using contact paper, sketch and cut out a leaf branch shape. TIP: It is easier to cut out one curved stem and, separately, 8 increasing larger leaf shapes. Place on plate. Press firmly.
3. Using 1/8" painter's tape, create a stripe pattern on the surface of the plate. Press down firmly to smooth any air bubbles.
4. Using any light Concepts colors of your choice, paint each stripe a different color. Paint at least 3 coats of each color. Let dry.
5. Peel off painter's tape and contact paper. You should be left with clean stripes in the background and an unpainted leaf branch shape.
6. Using Bright Wintergreen, Bright Kelp, Light Kiwi, Bright Kiwi, Dark Kiwi, Bright Ivy, Bright Caribbean and Green Apple, paint a leaf outline within each section using a different shade of green with each leaf.
7. Paint the stem using Bright Briarwood.
8. Paint each 1" square tile a different color. We used Really Red, Dark Delft, Dark Taupe, Dark Grape, Earthen Moss, and Deep Berry. Using any French Dimensions as adhesive, adhere each square tile to the plate's surface. Adhere 4 tiles on the left side and 2 tiles on the upper right corner.
9. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.