Monster Graveyard Technique Sheet
|Ahh! These monster's are sure to get you into the Halloween Spirit! The Halloween party will not be complete without this bisque server.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Ahh! These monster's are sure to get you into the Halloween Spirit!
953 1" Square Tiles (2)
2307 Soho Server
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN292-8 Bright Purple
CN293-8 Dark Purple
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN517-8 Purple Sprinkles
FD258 French Dimensions Pure White
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
Aqualon Fan Brush No. 4
9591 Paint Dotters
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Starting about two inches from the base, paint a band of Bright Papaya across the piece using an Aqualon Fan Brush No. 4. Next Paint a band of Bright Honeysuckle as thick or thin as you like. Each sunset is unique! Blend Bright Papaya into Bright Honeysuckle by loading the brush with both colors and painting the area between the colors. Add water to your brush if colors start to dry to further blend the colors.
3. Continue on with the sunset by painting strips of Bright Purple, Purple Sprinkles, and Dark Purple. Repeat the technique of loading the brush with the two bordering colors and blending the area with water. Make sure you have Purple Sprinkles at the top of the bowl to the look of a starry night sky. TIP: You may decide to switch up your color choices, but make sure to arrange the colors so they progress from light to dark as you move up the platter.
4. Dip a large Paint Dotter in Dark Black and sponge the edge of the piece. Paint the back of the piece with Dark Black as well.
5. Using a pencil, trace the paper template onto a piece of tissue paper. Once traced, position the tissue paper onto the piece. Trace over the pencil lines using a Sharpie. The Sharpie will transfer faint lines onto the Server. TIP: the ink from the Sharpie will disappear in the kiln, so don't worry if they are still visible!
6. Outline the Sharpie lines using 0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush in Dark Black. Fill the area in with Dark Black to create the silhouette of the graveyard. If desired, add in details like webs or bats to make it extra spooky!
7. Paint both 1" Square Tiles with 2 to 3 coats of Green Apple. Once dry, paint the tiles Dark Black using a 0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush. Paint face details in Dark Black to create little monsters.
8. Attach Square Tile monsters to the frame with a small amount of Pure White French Dimensions.
9. Paint arms and legs in Green Apple, as well as hair/antennae that you may want coming off of the monster. To ensure solid coverage, paint these details with 3-4 thick coats of Green Apple.
10. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |