Bisque Imports / Mum's Love Technique Sheet
Mum's Love Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Celebrate Mom's love with this adorable floral mug and frame set!
438 Mom Mug
1805 Wavy Frame
5034 Medium Flower
8009 1/4" Art Tape
CN171-8 Light Kelp
CN341-8 Light Pink
CN342-8 Bright Pink
CN343-8 Dark Pink
FD274 Light Pink
Flower Tag Alongs - Assorted
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
Mom Mug : 1. On the inside of the mug and on the handle, mask stripes using 1/4" Art Tape.
2. Paint the unmasked area on the mug inside and handle with 3 coats of Light Kelp. Let dry. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
3. Paint the "MOM" letters with a detail brush and 3 coats of Dark Pink.
4. Use a water-based marker to sketch small to large flower designs around the "MOM" letters. Alternate painting each flower with a detail brush and 3 coats each of Dark Pink and Light Pink.
5. Dot the center of each Dark Pink flower with Light Pink, and vice versa.
6. Add small Light Pink dots around the floral designs. Let dry.
Wavy Frame : 1. Paint an assortment of flower tag-alongs with 3 coats each of Light Pink or Dark Pink.
2. Dot the center of each Dark Pink flower with Light Pink, and vice versa. Set aside to dry.
3. On the frame surface, mask stripes using 1/4" Art Tape. Paint the unmasked stripes with 3 coats of Light Kelp. Let dry. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
4. Use Light Pink French Dimensions as adhesive to firmly attach each flower tag-along to the frame surface. Let dry.
Once complete, dip each piece in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |