This "Mommy and Me" project is one to cherish. Let the child leave their mark on the plate by decorating the Christmas tree while the parent embellishing the rim of the plate with seasonal rubber stamps.
FAB3602 Old Fashioned Gingerbread (Discontinued) 9591 Paint Dotters
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Using a large wash brush, paint the child's hand with Bight Kiwi and firmly stamp into center of plate.
2. Using paint dotters or the rounded end of a paint brush, allow the child to decorate the tree with dots, a base, and a star.
3. Using the Old Fashioned Gingerbread set, start to fill in the rim of the plate. Dip your leaf stamp into the Light Kiwi underglaze cup, and press firmly onto the plate. Make sure you check your paint and pressure on a piece of paper before you begin on your plate.
4. Using the candy cane stamp, dip into an underglaze cup loaded with Really Red. Stamp onto the plate, alternating directions and pressure for a varied look.
5. Go back over the rim of the plate by dipping the leaf stamp into the Dark Kiwi. Overlap with the light kiwi leaves to add dimension.
6. Finish the pattern by dipping the Gingerbread Man stamp into Dark Briarwood.
7. You may wish to add the child's name with a thin detail brush around the base of the tree.
8. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to Cone 06.