Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pen Printed Template Scissors Water Wire or String
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere strips of 1/4" Art Tape from the bottom center of tile to create sun ray sections.
3. Alternate using 3-4 coats each of Sunny Tuscany and Apricot Stone to fill in the sun ray sections. Allow paint to dry completely, then remove Art Tape.
4. Cut out the printed template and a piece of Saral Transfer Paper that fits to the template size. Position the Saral Transfer Paper sheet, red side down, onto the tile with the printed template on top. Secure around the edges with Art Tape.
5. Trace over the template image with a pen, then remove template and Saral paper to reveal transferred design.
6. Fill in the design with 3-4 coats of Galaxy Black. Let dry.
7. Paint the tile edges and backside with a color of your choice. Let dry.
8. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
To create a plaque: Drill holes into the bisque tile prior to firing, or attach a sawtooth hanger to the backside using E-6000 as adhesive post-firing. Use wire or string to hang.