Bisque Imports / Natural Cues Technique Sheet
Natural Cues Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
A little color blending goes a long way. Bring the outdoors in through the use this elegant, botanical bowl design.
591 Leaf Bowl
BLS918-8 Mint Shake
BLS928-8 Blue Lagoon
HSS104 Midas Gold
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the entire bowl with 3-4 coats of Mint Shake, then allow paint to dry.
3. Pour a small amount of Blue Lagoon onto your palette, then use a damp brush to slightly dilute the paint. Brush on 1 coat of the diluted color wash over the inside bowl surface. Let dry.
4. Once dry, add 2-3 additional coats of the Blue Lagoon color wash to the bowl surface, concentrating the most color towards the stem and blending outwards. Let dry.
5. Once dry, brush on 1 coat of Midas Gold over the inside bowl surface and edges to add a subtle hint of sparkle.
6. Once complete, allow project to dry completely and fire to cone 06. For added shine, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze prior to firing.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |