Bisque Imports / Nature Walk Technique Sheet
Nature Walk Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We love natural beauty. This stunning design is created easily using Glaze Awayz and EZ-Dotz.
709 The Elsie Vase
8010 1/2" Art Tape
CN131-8 Light Tidepool
CN244-8 Really White
CN303-8 Dark Caribbean
GA20 Glaze Awayz
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere two strips of 1/2" Art Tape around the vase, one strip approximately 2" below the top edge and the other strip 2" above the bottom edge of the vase.
3. Along the top and bottom portions of the vase, create thin, vertical lines with Glaze Awayz. Allow Glaze Awayz to dry completely.
4. Paint the top and bottom portions of the vase, overlaying the dry Glaze Awayz lines, with 3 solid coats of Dark Caribbean. Let dry.
5. Once dry, use a small pin to gently remove each Glaze Awayz line. Ensure all residue is removed completely.
6. Remove Art Tape from the bisque surface.
7. Paint the center portion of the vase with 3 coats of Light Tidepool, then allow time to dry.
8. Along the top and bottom edge of the painted middle portion of the vase, apply a row of Really White dots using the EZ-Dotz tool.
9. Create successive rows of smaller dots using Really White and the EZ-Dotz tool above and below the initial dot rows. Let dry.
10. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |