Angled Straw Black Sharpie Detail Brush Detail Writer (optional) Non-Aerosol Hairspray Printed Template Silver Sharpie Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Using a black Sharpie, sketch the sections of the animal. If you're using a template, place the guide below the clear glass and trace it.
2. Score and cut a 1" x 1 1/2" rectangle from the Apple Jade block. Use a Wheel Mosaic Cutter to nip the corners off the two corners of one short edge to create the body. Score and cut a bit diagonally in half to use for the belly and head feathers. Nip two small black rod pieces for eyes and five small yellow rod pieces for each feather eyespot. Finally, nip a small triangle bit for the beak.
3. Arrange the glass into place on your piece, and secure using a small amount of Glas-Tac.
4. Break small pieces of Black Stringers and arrange between each tail feather. To avoid rolling, first dip the end of the Stringer in Glas-Tac glue.
5. Fill the two bottom sections next to the body with Sunflower frit.
6. Use an angled straw to scoop a ring of Medium Blue frit around each yellow eyespot.
6. Fill in the remaining area of each tail feather with Amazon Green frit. Use a detail brush to brush off excess frit on the body and on each Stringer.
7. Once you've covered the surface with Frit, spritz the entire surface with non-aerosol hairspray. Let dry.
8. Place on a piece of Thinfire Shelf Paper and write the child's name on the paper with a Silver Sharpie. Fire to a contour fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
9. Use adhesive to attach fired project to the Brass Night Light Bracket, then attach bracket to the Night Light Base.