Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch out a gift tag shape onto contact paper, then cut out the shape. Remove the protective backing and adhere the gift tag shape to the ornament surface.
3. Paint the unmasked ornament surface with 3 coats of Really Red. Let dry.
4. Once dry, remove the contact paper cut-out.
5. Using a small square shader brush, paint stripes within the gift tag shape with 3 coats of Green Apple. Let dry.
6. Add a Really Red dot to the end of the gift tag.
7. Using a detail brush and 2-3 coats of Bright Kelp, outline the gift tag shape and hole opening.
8. Add curly strings to the end of the gift tag using the same color and brush used in step #7. Let dry.
9. Once dry, customize your gift tag with the saying or name of your choice. Lightly sketch the words with a water-based marker, then trace over the words with a detail brush and 2 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.