No Place Like Home Technique Sheet
|Combine the vivid colors of Colorobbia Bellissimo glazes with the finesse of Filigrana to create this endearing project.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Combine the vivid colors of Colorobbia Bellissimo glazes with the finesse of Filigrana to create this endearing project.
2547 Vologne Medium
9630 Detail Writer Bottle and Cap
9636 Writer Tips Medium (18 Gauge)
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS904-8 Strawberry Field
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS912-8 Golden Pinktini
BLS916-8 Papa Bear
BLS928-8 Blue Lagoon
HC0610 Filigrana/Detail Bottle 16 oz.
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the tray surface with 3-4 coats of Nirvana, then allow time to dry.
3. Dry Brush Technique: Dip a brush into Papa Bear, and brush color back and forth over a paper towel or piece of paper until only a faint amount of color remains. Then, lightly apply brushstrokes back and forth across tray surface and inner edges. Repeat as needed. Let dry.
4. Referring to the provided template, use a water-based marker to very lightly sketch the "HOME" design image onto tray. Apply Filigrana using a Detail Bottle to trace over the design outlines. Allow to dry.
TIP: Easily transfer Filigrana to the applicator bottle using a syringe. Or, position uncapped applicator bottle over Filigrana container, squeeze bottle to release pressure, then unsqueeze to draw the Filigrana mixture into the bottle. Replace cap once complete. Test consistency before use.
5. Fill in the H with 3-4 coats of Apricot Stone.
6. Fill in the heart inside the O with 3-4 coats of Strawberry Field. Allow time to dry, then add Filigrana polka dots inside the heart.
7. Fill in the remaining area of the O with 3-4 coats of Blue Lagoon.
8. Fill in the M with 3-4 coats of Golden Pinktini.
9. Fill in the E with 3-4 coats of Limelicious.
10. Use a water-based marker to gently sketch "is where the heart is" below the HOME design. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and Black Swan.
11. Add Black Swan stripes along the top edge of the tray. Let dry.
12. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |