Bisque Imports / Nora's Menorah Technique Sheet
Nora's Menorah Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
What has nine lights and ten fingers? This adorable menorah plate, of course! Add an accent rim to make this project pop off the plate!
240 Rim Dinner
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
CN518-8 Delft Sprinkles
CN519-8 Aqua Sprinkles
CN520-8 Caribbean Sprinkles
CN522-8 Really White Sprinkles
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Using a large wash brush, paint the child's hands with Bright Aqua and firmly stamp into center of plate, making sure to overlap the thumbs.
2. Using a thin round brush, paint simple black strokes to create the shape of the menorah around the handprints.
3. Create candles with a swipe of Sunflower Yellow and Bright Papaya.
4. Begin laying out your rim design by cutting varying strips of detailing tape. Lay them around the rim and smooth them down with the tapered end of a paint brush to prevent from leaks.
5. Once you have your rim design in place, cut a paper plate to fit over the menorah.
6. Start to fill in your sections by alternating Sprinkles colors. We chose not to follow a pattern, but rather to fill in randomly!
7. You may wish to add the child's name with a thin detail brush around the base of the menorah.
8. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |