Assorted Paintbrushes Liquid Dish Soap Pencil Saran Wrap (for easy clean-up) Small Cup Spoon Straw Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Bubble paint: In a small cup, mix equal parts liquid dish soap, Bright Caribbean, and water. Stir until you see bubbles forming. With a straw, blow into the mixture, making sure the cup remains in an upright position. Allow bubbles to overflow onto the bisque surface. When the entire surface is covered, allow bubbles to pop on their own. Repeat as desired, then allow project to dry completely.
TIP: For quick and easy clean up, place a sheet of plastic wrap underneath underneath projects when bubble painting.
3. Once dry, sketch an octopus design on the tile surface with a water-based marker.
4. Paint the octopus's body and tentacles with 3 coats of Bright Purple.
5. Fill in the eyes with 3 coats each of Bright Caribbean (iris) and Dark Black (pupil). Use a small brush and Dark Black to paint the mouth and brow lines.
6. Use an assortment of Paint Dotters and Really Red to sponge dots on the octopus body and along each tentacle.
7. Repeat the previous step to add Bright Caribbean bubbles to the background area. Allow project to dry completely.