Oh, Starry Night Technique Sheet
|Frit makes it easy to mimic the beautiful sweeping colors of the original in this great project. A marvellous take on a masterpiece.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Frit makes it easy to mimic the beautiful sweeping colors of the original in this great project.
CF200F-20 White Opalescent Frit - Fine
CF223.72F-20 Turquoise Green Opalescent Frit - Fine
CF223-74-F-20 Peacock Green Opal Frit - Fine
CF230.72F-20 Medium Blue Opalescent Frit - Fine
CF267.72F-20 Sunflower Opalescent Frit - Fine
GBLOCK1009 Black Opalescent Block
GBS6-100-Ice 6 In. Square Clear Ice Transparent
SP-8234 Glas Tac
ST340 1" Running Pliers
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Shelf Paper
Detail Writer (optional)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Place the 6" clear square over the printed template image. Trace the design with a black Sharpie.
2. Place the Black Opalescent block on a cutting surface. Score and cut a 1" x 2" rectangle, a triangle with a 1" base, and 4 additional, smaller rectangle and square shapes.
3. Position each Black Opal piece along bottom edge of glass. Secure using a small amount of Glas Tac.
4. In a cup, use a spoon to scoop and mix a small amount of White and Sunflower frit. Use spoon and frit mixture to fill each inner swirl circle.
5. Use a spoon to create a ring around each filled circle with Sunflower frit.
6. Alternate using Turquoise Green and Peacock Green frit to fill in each swirl line area.
7. Fill in the remaining background areas with Medium Blue frit.
8. With the handle of a detail brush, gently marbleize the colored frit in the direction of each swirl.
9. Sprinkle a small amount of White and Sunflower frit in scattered areas across background. Use the paintbrush to brush off any excess frit left on the Black Opal surfaces.
10. Spritz the project with hairspray, or apply a small amount using a detail writer filled with hairspray. Let dry.
11. Place on a piece of Thinfire Shelf Paper and write the child's name on the paper with a Silver Sharpie. Fire to a contour fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |