Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Rubbing Alcohol Small Cup Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Alternate using 3 coats each of Neon Blue, Light Ivy, and Bright Caribbean to paint differently-shaped waves across plate. As you paint, allow colors to overlap and blend. Let dry.
3. Using a large brush, mix Dark Sapphire with water to a thin wash consistency on your pallet. Apply 1 coat of the thinned paint color to plate.
4. Immediately, using a round brush, add drops of rubbing alcohol to scattered areas of the plate to create "craters." Set aside to dry.
5. Use an assortment of colors to paint a celestial tag-along of your choice.
6. To paint the shooting star in this project, first paint the star shape with 3 coats of Dark Straw. Let dry, then paint stripes along the star tracer with 3 coats each of Neon Orange and Neon Red. Let dry.
7. Once dry, use Black Licorice as adhesive to securely attach tag-along to the plate.
8. Paint the backside of the plate with 2-3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.