Bisque Imports / Out of the Blue Technique Sheet
Out of the Blue Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Simple yet elegant, this draped glass project can be easily created using colored scraps and Carolina Frit!
Blue Transparent Fine Carolina Frit - Assorted Colors
Blue Transparent Scrap Glass - Assorted Colors
GBS10-100 10 In. Square Clear Glass Transparent
SP-8234 Glas Tac
SS905 Stainless Steel Terrena Drape Mold
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
ST540 Thinfire Paper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Arrange an assortment of blue transparent scrap glass pieces in a mosaic fashion on the 10" clear transparent blank. Allow for small gaps in between each positioned scrap glass piece.
TIP: If needed, use the Wheeled Mosaic Cutter to nip larger pieces into smaller shapes.
2. Secure the glass components to the base with pinpoints of GlasTac. Let dry.
3. Using a plastic spoon, distribute an even layer of assorted blue transparent fine Carolina Frit within the gaps between the arranged scrap glass pieces.
4. Clean off any excess frit on the scrap glass surfaces using a paintbrush.
5. Secure frit in place with pinpoints of GlasTac. Let dry.
6. Full fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
7. Once fired, drape as desired.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |