Bisque Imports / Owl Always Love You Technique Sheet
Owl Always Love You Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This sweet platter will warm hearts!
2512 Large Classic Platter
CN021-8 Light Saffron
CN032-8 Dark Butternut
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN132-8 Bright Tidepool
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN322-8 Bright Plum (coming soon)
CN351-8 Bright Sapphire
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
CN515-8 Neon Orange Sprinkles
CN516-8 Really Red Sprinkles
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. To prepare the piece for painting, wipe ware with a damp sponge.
2. Sponge Light Saffron and Sunflower Yellow all over the piece using a large Paint Dotter.
3. While the paint is still wet, blend Dark Butternut and Bright Papaya about two inches up from the bottom of the platter.
4. Dip your Paint Dotter into Bright Honeysuckle and scatter dots along the top half of the piece.
5. Using a pencil, sketch a large tree coming up the right side of the piece. Be sure to sketch a branch your owl will be able to perch on! Add leaves stemming off of each branch.
6. Sketch a simple owl on one of the branches.
7. Using the 0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush, outline the tree in Bright Briarwood. Fill in with 2-3 solid coats using a larger brush.
8. Paint small leaves in Really Red Sprinkles.
9. Now it's time to paint the owl! Paint a heart shaped face with Sunflower Yellow. Create eyes in Bright Nautical and a beak with Bright Plum. Outline the face and beak in Bright Nautical as well.
10. Paint the area around the face with 2-3 solid coats of Bright Plum. Blend into Bright Tidepool. Paint wings Bright Sapphire, blended into Bright Nautical. Paint feet Bright Nautical as well.
11. Once eyes are dry, paint pupils with Sunflower Yellow.
12. Using the tapered end of a Royal Brush, sgraffito an etching into the tree.
13. Using a Large Paint Dotter, paint the outer edge and back of the platter Bright Briarwood.
14. Let dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |