Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Whooo! Whoo! Make this cute and trendy little guy for all the Halloween lovers out there!
CF-8-270-72S-F-F Orange Opal Fine
GBITS-210-71 Ivory Bits
6GBLOCKS-1009S-F Black Blocks
GBLOC226-74 Amazon Green Opaque Blocks
6GBLOCKS-238-72S-F Alpine Blue Blocks
GP1009 Black Pebbles
1GBS-12-60-005-F Clear & White Streaky Glass Blank
S200-96 White Stringers
S56-96 Black Stringers
M-2007 White Millefiori
ST340 1" Running Pliers
Elmer's Gel Glue
ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter
Small Plastic Cups
ST540 Thinfire Paper
ST352 Wheel Mosaic Cutter
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. First we are going to cut down the Clear and White Streaky Glass Blank to about eight inches by eight inches. Using a ruler and Sharpie, mark off accordingly. Next score a line on top of the Sharpie line. To score a line, you take your Pistol Grip Glass cutter and press down firmly starting at the top of the piece. You then pull your hand back closer into your body while still pressing down firm. This will create a tiny indention on your glass which will allow you to cut your piece.
2. Once you have scored your Block, take the Running Plier's and line up the little hatch mark on the Plier with the score mark on the Blank. Press down firmly and your piece should break in half. Repeat until piece is cut down.
3. Now, using the Alpine Blue Block and a Sharpie, draw out the owl's body. The bottom of our owl is about one and a half inches wide, and the top is about three inches wide. He is about three and a half to four inches tall. We added a curve on either side of him to make him a bit round, but its up to you what exact shape you want him to be. We also curved in on the top piece to create an ear. Don't worry if the right ear/side isn't as good, because his hat will end up covering it.
4. Once cut out, glue down on bottom right area of Blank. To glue, squirt Elmer's gel glue into the medicine cup and using a wooden skewer, dab into glue. Wipe onto piece and place onto glass blank.
5. Next, using the Black Block, cut out a triangle about two inches wide by two inches tall. Cut out a small strip a little bit longer than the triangle to be the bottom rim of the hat.
6. Once you are down creating the hat, take the Amazon Green Block and draw out two tiny wings. We drew them like tiny leaves. Once cut, glue down. Cut out two more tiny strips to fit on top of the owl's witch hat.
7. Now its time to make the moon! Taking your Tangerine Block, draw out a skinny moon. Feel free to make as large or small as you want! You can also play with the curve due to your skill level. Once drawn to liking, score and cut. Glue down and spread glue on top of moon as well.
8.Sprinkle Orange Opal Fine Frit on top to create texture. Using the Tangerine scraps from the moon, cut out two small strips to fit on top of the witch hat and for his nose! Glue down accordingly.
9. Using the White and Black Stringers, cut down and decorate owl. Place stringers on top of belly, ear, and wings.
10. Using four Ivory Bits, we are going to create the eyes. Place one bit down on the left and right. Glue down. Next, take two more bits, rotate forty-five degrees and glue down on top of the other Bits. Once fused together, this will create a circle.
11. Using the Wheel Mosaic Cutter and the Black Pebbles, cut one pebble in half. Use each half to create the owl's feet. Take another bit and cut in half. Then, cut the half in half once more. This will be the owl's pupils. Glue down in the center of the Ivory Bits.
12. Take Millefiori pieces and glue down all over the blank to act as stars in the night sky.
13. Once complete, fire to a Contour Fuse.