Bisque Imports / Owl the Fixins' Technique Sheet
Owl the Fixins' Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Hoo couldn't use some help in the kitchen? This hand-painted spoon rest is ready to fly to your aid and keep counters clean. Plus, it's super cute too!
2912 Owl Spoon Rest
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS916-8 Papa Bear
BLS927-8 Sweet Dreams
BLS929-8 Blue Hawaii
BLS933-8 Lady Lilly
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the owl body area above the eyes with 3-4 coats of Lady Lilly.
3. Paint the body area around the belly with 3-4 coats of Sweet Dreams.
4. Paint each wing with 3-4 coats of Arazmatazz.
5. Paint the belly of the owl with 3-4 coats of Lollipop.
6. Paint the nose and feet with 3-4 coats of Apricot Stone.
7. Dot each eye with a detail brush and Blue Hawaii.
8. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of Fiorentina to paint wavy lines across each wing and across the owl's belly.
9. Use a detail brush and Lollipop to paint small triangles inside each ear.
10. Use a detail brush and Fiorentina to light outline the owl design.
11. Paint the two thinner middle stripes on the spoon rest handle with 3-4 coats of Limelicious. Let dry.
12. Paint the remaining stripes on the handle with 3 coats of Papa Bear. Let dry.
13. Once dry, dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |